Proficiency in Security Awareness Certification (MCA YACHT CREW)
Official MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Security Awareness Certification
This Course is fully approved by the UK DfT Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and is internationally recognised and accepted. It includes the 2010 Manila Amendments and conforms to Regulation VI/6, paragraph 1, and Section A-VI/6, paragraphs 4 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended and has also met the additional criteria specified in the STCW Convention and Code, applicable to the issue of this certificate.
Secure PDF Certificate
Upon successful completion of the online course, verification of Learner ID, and associated official Assessment, Learners will receive an electronic version of the official course certificate (in secure PDF format). Certificates are usually sent out within 24 hours of confirmation of your results, or the next working day.
Hardcopy, Embossed Stamped Certificate
Learners may also request a hardcopy certificate to be posted to their home address for a small administration and postage charge.
The course duration is approximately 4 hours. Learners may enter and exit the course as often as they require. Your licence allows you access to the course for up to 6 months to complete [if required] or upon successful completion of the course.
After your order you will receive log in details to take the online course.
You are required to submit an official form of ID such as a scan of your passport, driving licence, or other official photo ID. This is to ensure you are who you state yourself to be, and so we can use this ID to collect the relevant information that will populate your official course certificate. It is very easy to do and will only take you around five (5) minutes to do.
YES, the course is 100% online and you are required to adhere to the strict requirements outlined in the course explanation as well as any requests made of you during the course such as completing and submitting your online Learner Verification.
This YACHT CREW SECURITY AWARENESS COURSE COVERS:
Security Awareness Course Subjects
- A working knowledge of Maritime Security Terms and Definitions, including those that relate to Maritime Piracy and Armed Robbery against Shipping.
- An understanding of International Maritime Security Policy.
- An understanding of the Maritime Security (MARSEC) Levels and their impact on security measures and procedures aboard ship and in port facilities.
- How to report a security incident.
- An understanding of security-related contingency plans.
- How to recognise security threats, including Maritime Piracy and Armed Robbery against Shipping.
- How to recognise weapons, dangerous substances and devices and an understanding of the damage they can cause.
- The importance of information security with regards to Sensitive Security-Related Information (SSRI) and Communications.
- An understanding of the importance of security related drills and exercises including those relating to Anti-Piracy and Anti -Armed Robbery.